Protocol and Consular Services
Frequently Asked Questions
- This visa is given to applicants whose purpose of visit is to take up employment.
- Type of entry : Single Entry for up to 60 days (issue upon authorisation from the Immigration Office in Indonesia)
- Validity of visa will be three months from the date of issue.
- If passport is required to be returned by post, a Self Addressed Special Delivery Envelope should be provided.
- Visa is issued within three to six working days from receipt of application provided all documents are in order.
Required documents which should be submitted are as follows:
- Passport (with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of entry into Indonesia).
- One completed visa application form.
- One coloured passport size photograph.
- A written approval from the Immigration Office in Indonesia.
- Supporting letters, each from the applicant's firm/sponsor in UK and Indonesia, setting out the reason for the visit, details of the duration of the proposed visit, and responsibility for accommodation / maintenance costs
- Evidence that the applicant has sufficient funds to cover the cost of applicant's intended stay in Indonesia (Bank Statement dated less than a month with a minimum balance of £1,000.- or traveller's cheque).
Fee (which must be paid either in postal order or bank draft only payable to Indonesian Embassy) for this visa is £ 40.00.- which is non-refundable under any circumstances. Alternatively, fees can also be paid by debit card payment during collection.
Please be advised that fees for a visit more than sixty days will depend on the length of stay granted by the Immigration Office in Indonesia.
How to get approval from Immigration Head Office in Jakarta:
- Applicant must have a sponsor in Indonesia, either a person or a company.
- Sponsor MUST GO IN PERSON to the Immigration Head Office in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), Contact No: +6221-5224658.
- The sponsor must produce: photocopy of applicant's passport, supporting letter, applicant's photograph.
- When it is approved, the Immigration Head Office will send a copy of approval letter to the applicant.
- Please bring the approval letter to the Indonesian Embassy in Singapore for visa endorsement
ADDRESS OF IMMIGRATION HEAD OFFICE
Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi
Departemen Hukum dan HAM
Jalan HR Rasuna Said Kav. 8-9
Jakarta Selatan - Indonesia