INVESTMENT SERVICE AGENCY
A. Investment Coordinating Board
Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) is a Non Department Government Agency serving under and responsible directly to the President of the Republic of Indonesia . Its task is, among others, to assist the President in implementing development in the field of investment. The Investment Coordinating Board is not only responsible for planning and administering of investment but it is also assisting investor to find feasible investment projects and suitable local partners, and to overcome some problems that might occur during the implementation stages.
B. Related Agencies
In addition to the Investment Coordinating Board, there are several government agencies which have the task to assist investors in implementing their investment projects at the regional level, namely:
- Indonesia Representative Office (Indonesia Embassy, Indonesia Consulate General and Indonesia Consulate) serve for approval for Foreign Direct Investment (PMA);
- Provincial Investment Board (Instansi Penanaman Modal Propinsi -- IPMP). The IPMP is headed by Chairman who is subordinate of and responsible to the Provincial Governor. The IPMP has the task to assist investors in implementing their investment projects;
- Province National Land Agency (BPN Province) Offices.
The BPN Province is the land affair agency at the province, headed by a Chairman, who is subordinate of and responsible to the Head of the National Agency for Land Affair, solely dealing with land title;
- District-Level of National Land Agency (BPN Kabupaten/Kota) Offices.
The BPN Kabupaten/Kota is the land affair agency at district-level, headed by a Chairman, who is a subordinate of and responsible to the Head of the BPN Province. The BPN Kabupaten/Kota has the task to assist the investors in obtaining land for the location of the investment projects;
- Settlement & Regional Infrastructure Development(Kimpraswil Kabupaten/Kota) Offices.
The Office of Kimpraswil Kabupaten / Kota is the government agency at the district-level, headed by a Chairman, who is a subordinate of and responsible to the Regent. The Dinas PU Kabupaten/Kota has task to lead the investor in implementing their construction works;
- Executive Secretary of Regency.Executive Secretary has the task to assist the investor in issuing the Nuisance Act Permit (UUG/HO) of the investment projects;
- Regional Environment Impact Management Agency (BAPEDALDA).
The agency is responsible for assessing environmental impact study and monitoring the environmental issues (AMDAL) in the regions;
- PT Superintending Company of Indonesia (SUCOFINDO).
A state owned enterprise, which is responsible for verifying Master-list of capital goods and raw materials.