PROFFER OF DARMASISWA RI SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
ACADEMIC YEAR 2013/2014
Darmasiswa RI program is a scholarship program offered by the Indonesian government to foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Indonesian language, traditional music, traditional dance, and Indonesian craft and particular subject in 59 selected Indonesian higher education institutions in different cities in Indonesia. The candidate is allowed to decide the higher institutions (universities) which carry out the program.
Darmasiswa RI scholarship program is given to the foreign students who are willing to take a non-degree program. During the application, the students are not allowed to work, to do research, and to do practical politics activity.
I. PROGRAM OFFERED
Regular 1 (One) Year
- Regular program is a one-year scholarship program offered to foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Indonesian language, traditional music, traditional dance, culinary, tourism, and Indonesian craft in selected Indonesian Higher Education Institutions.
Regular 6 (Six) Months
- Short Course program is a six-month scholarship program offered to foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Indonesian language and other studies in selected Indonesian Higher Education Institutions.
II. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE STUDENTS
1. Rights of students:
- Free of Tuition fee
- Monthly allowance
- Participants may seek assistance from their own university finding a house/room to rent
- Participants are requested to inform the Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation, Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia, regarding date and time of arrivals to Indonesia for pick up arrangement.
2. Obligation of students
- Willing to assist university or educational institution to teach English or other academic activities;
- Signing a statement of declaration provided by the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General before leaving for Indonesia and signing a contract letter provided by the Ministry of National Education when arriving in Indonesia, as follows:
- to abide by the regulation of the Government of Indonesia as well as the host University;
- not to change either subject or place of study, prior or upon the arrival in Indonesia;
- not to undertake any work for profit or earn living during study in Indonesia;
- to refrain from engaging in political activities or doing criminals during study in Indonesia;
- not to involve with any illegal drug traffic: active user or drug seller;
- not to involve with any misconduct and any form of harassment;
- will not bring any member of family during study in Indonesia;
- to refrain from being pregnant and being involved in drug traffic and abuses;
- not doing and performing immoral acts;
- not allowed to perform activities of a certain ideologies or indoctrination;
- not to travel outside of Indonesia during the academic period and not travel out of Indonesia more then once;
- to be sent back to home country if violate the stay permit regulations in Indonesia and the said regulation(s) above.
III. SCHEDULE OF THE PROGRAM
|15 Oct 2012 – 30 Nov 2012|
|Administration Selection + Interview by IE/CG|
|2||Administration and Academic Selection by Darmasiswa Secretariat, MoEC, MoFA, and HE||
3-14 December 2012
|3||Announcement and Confirmation of Participation||
17 Dec 2012 – 31 Jan 2013
Pre-departure preparation (Bahasa Indonesia Course)
|February- July 2013|
|Regular 1 year||August 2012-July 2013|
|Regular 6 months||August 2012-January 2013|
IV. VISA ARRANGEMENT
The Darmasiswa participant Is required to have a Social Visit Visa (VKSB) for 60 days issued by the Indonesian Embassy in the participant's country of residence. Upon arrival in Indonesia, the Darmasiswa participant's passport has to be temporarily submitted to the Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation, Ministry of Education and Culture, for necessary arrangements in obtaining recommendations of the State Secretariat and the Directorate General of Immigration, Ministry of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia.
The participants are prohibited to apply for Tourist Visa or On-Arrival Visa for study purpose.
- The Ministry of National Education doesn't provide the accommodation for participants.
- The participants have to find their own accommodation assisted by the higher education institution during their study.
VI. COVERAGE OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Monthly allowance will be received by participants is Rp. 2.000.000,00 ( two million rupiah )
- Living cost of Rp 1.200.000,00 (one million and two hundred thousand rupiah)
- Books allowances Rp. 200.000,00 (two hundred thousand rupiah)
- local transport Rp. 200.000,00 (two hundred thousand rupiah)
- Medical / Health Care Rp. 200.000,000 (two hundred thousand rupiah)
- Pocket Money Rp. 200.000,00 (two hundred thousand rupiah)
The participant is advised to bring enough money in US dollar for an unexpected additional expenses in Indonesia
The applicant should register through the following procedures;
Prospective participants are required to register at the Embassy/Consulate general in the country of origin of participants, and for participants who are not in the participant's home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries.
VIII. QUALIFICATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS
Each participant has to fulfill these requirements as follows:
- Age not more than 35 years.
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent
- Copy of academic transcript and certificates.
- In good health as proved by Medical Certificate.
- Able to communicate in English and additional Indonesian language is required
- Have basic knowledge of the field you're applying for.
IX. Application Procedure
To apply the Darmasiswa schloarship program, participant must submit a complete application package that includes all the following items :
- Completed admission application form
- copy of academic transcript and certificates
- copy passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Passport size color photograph ( 5 pieces)
The documents of applicants will be addresed to:
Head of Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation
Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation,
Ministry of Education and Culture
C Building, 6th floor
Jln Jenderal Sudirman, Senayan, Jakarta
Telp/Fax (+62-21) 5724707, 5738181
Hotline Darmasiswa: 0812 828 099 64
and mail to : email@example.com
IX. ARRIVAL IN INDONESIA
The Ministry of Education and Culture does not provide the International airfare to Indonesia and from Indonesia to home country. We only provide the transportation from Jakarta, Indonesia to place of study; however the transportation from place of study to Jakarta will be carried out by participants.
X. HEALTH INSURANCE
- The Ministry of Education and Culture will not provide health insurance; therefore the participants are expected to have the International insurance.
Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation,
Ministry of National Education